Are you aiming to develop yourself into an executive leadership position in the HR function at Bertelsmann?
The application phase for 2023 is closed.
Today’s talent. Tomorrow’s CHRO.
„CHROME is the first ever succession-driven talent development program at Bertelsmann where self-nomination and cross-functionality play a pivotal role. It provides participants with the opportunity to develop into a distinguished executive HR leadership position to shape the future of our function. Interested candidates with both a non-HR- and/ or an HR-background can apply for CHROME.“
Why you should apply
- Benefit from individual career consulting, including in-depth diagnostics and an individual development plan by Corporate Talent Management
- Individual coaching offerings to pursue your personal development goals
- Take part in exclusive executive education programs and digital learning units from Bertelsmann University with a clear focus on transformational capabilities
- Access a hand-selected network consisting of Bertelsmann’s Top Management – your potential future peers!
- Benefit from frequent exchanges with executive HR leaders, including our CHRO Immanuel Hermreck
Why an HR Development Program?
Key objectives are
- to build a diverse top HR pipeline for executive leadership positions in the HR function
- to retain and develop our top HR talents
- to strengthen the HR organization through upskilling
- to build an exclusive, cross-divisional network with peers
The program is fully-funded by the Bertelsmann CHRO, Immanuel Hermreck. CHROME is our first-ever HR development program that is driven by a clear succession-planning logic, which focuses on the CHRO and/or leading People & Culture roles in the Group. It will consist of 8-10 participants and run in its active phase for 18 months. To identify the most committed HR talents in the group, the self-nomination process is open throughout February.
What you can expect
- Number of participants: 8-10 participants
- Duration: 18 months hybrid program
- Time investment: Three to five hours per week
- Development measures: Individual development, top executives & peer community, executive education focusing on transformational capability upskilling
- Become a succession candidate: Consideration for open executive People & Culture roles across the group
What you should bring to the table
- You aim to shape the future of the HR function and understand that you need others to achieve this goal
- You think strategically and bring first experiences with organizational development and stakeholder management
- You have leadership experience and/or equivalent strategic project experience with C-Level exposure
- You communicate fluently in English (additional languages are more than welcome)
- You currently work on a level equivalent to Divisional CEO -1/-2
- You have been working for a Bertelsmann company for two years or more
We would like to highlight that potential candidates do not necessarily need to have an HR background, but a serious interest in the HR field and a passion for People & Culture topics in general!
If you have questions about the confidentiality of your application for the program, don’t hesitate to reach out to Maria Schnepper.
We encourage all who are interested and believe they bring the relevant skills, experience and mindset to the program to apply – when in doubt: apply!
Timeline Selection Process
A thorough application- and selection process will ensure an objective and well-informed decision.
Upload CV and motivational letter
Conduct online assessment and in-depth interview
Receive feedback and decision about program participation
Join virtual Kick-off event
Who can apply to CHROME
Please have a look at the candidate requirements section on the landing page. We do welcome talents with both a non-HR and HR background to this program.
Important note: CHROME is intended only for Bertelsmann employees and talents inside the Bertelsmann Group. If you leave the company during participation, program activities will end, too.
When does the application period take place?
The application period for 2023 is closed. We will communicate the application period for the next cohort in spring of 2024.
How long will the program last?
The program kicks off in May and will last over a period of 18 months.
How many spots are available?
In total there are 8-10 international spots available in the pilot cohort.
What is the program language?
The program language is English. All learning and development courses will be held in the English language.
How many hours a week a week should I schedule to spend for this program?
You can expect an average workload of about three-five hours per week.
Are there any costs?
There are no additional costs for you – the program is free of charge for all participants. Participants do pay their own hotel and travel expenses though.
Where can Bertelsmann employees apply for the program?
You can submit your application during the application period via peoplenet by clicking the “Apply Now” button on the landing page. Currently we do not accept applications for the program.
Please be aware that the fields regarding “availability period” and “salary” are mandatory in peoplenet, but will not be considered in the application process, since it is an internal development program and not a specific position you are applying for.
How and when will I receive feedback regarding the status of my application?
You will receive your personal feedback two weeks after the end of the application period, by the mid of March at the latest. If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to contact Maria Schnepper in the meantime.
What information is requested in the application?
We highly appreciate your updated resume and a motivational letter pointing out your career ambitions and the transformational capabilities you bring to the table.
What happens to my personal data during the application process?
For further information on data processing via our job application platform, please follow this link: https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/content/Privacy-Policy/?locale=de_DE.
For more information about how Korn Ferry processes your information, please follow this link: https://www.kornferry.com/privacy.
Who can I contact in case of further questions?
You are welcome to contact Maria Schnepper, Senior Director Corporate Talent Management, via e-mail: maria.schnepper(at)bertelsmann.de or via phone: +49 5241 80 45 230.